Here at Printfresh Studio, we can’t deny our love for a festive, fruity drink to ring in the warmer months. During the summer you’ll likely catch us at happy hour after a long week at work - and being a group of creatives, we’re especially drawn to drinks that are, well… pretty!
We recently discovered this Watermelon Mint Mimosa recipe from the blog E is for Eat, and we have a sneaking suspicion it will become our go-to summer cocktail. The drink's color palette was so enticing, one of our CAD artists created the lovely little illustration below in its honor.
Watermelon Mint Mimosas
Ingredients (for 8-10 mimosas):
- 4 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- juice from 2-3 limes
- sugar or simple syrup to taste (optional, if you like it sweeter)
- large bunch of mint
- champagne or sparkling wine
- mint leaves & watermelon chunks (for garnish)
- Make "watermelon juice" by blending watermelon, lime juice, and sugar/simple syrup (if using) and pureeing until smooth. Pour through a fine mesh strainer, into a pitcher. Rub some of the mint between your fingers to release oils and add to the watermelon mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours - overnight.
- To make mimosas: Remove mint from the mixture. Pour a little bit of the watermelon juice into a champagne flute (about 1/3 of the glass) and top with champagne. Garnish with sprig of mint and a small watermelon slice.
Loving this color palette as much as we do? Pantones are the most popular color standards for the Fashion + Textile industry, and we're always supplying clients with Pantone colors to match their finished prints. That way, no matter how colors vary on different computer screens and printouts, you and your printer will know what the true colors should be.
Start your Summer off right - let this refreshing color palette inspire you, and try out this easy-to-follow recipe!
And for an extra special treat, mention "Mint Mimosas" and get 10% off your next CAD & Custom project, good through 6/15.